About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Sunday 28 August 2011

Avon Matte Red Velvet

I got this from the website in a 4 for £10 deal. I got another 3 mattes: Black As Night, Grey Cement and Violetta. Wasn't so keen on the Inky Blue. I quite like mattes and the only ones I've tried before are the George ones from Asda. And I've tried the Rimmel Matte Top Coat on a few nails too. So I decided to try the Avon range as I've been getting to like their polishes.
So first up is the Red, clue in the name!
It looks as if it's got a gold shimmer to it! Not so though.
All indoors with flash.


 And without flash, but under the light.
Yup, I'd say the pictures are a good representation of the colour. A colour which I like!

It's easy to hold, easy to use and the brush is pretty good. BUT I found this one hard to apply, something which I hadn't noticed with the George Mattes. I think it was because it dried so quickly! So be careful when applying it. It gave a good finish with 2 coats, which all of the above are.

7 out of 10. Good colour, good polish and lasted well for a matte. Sadly no longer available from the Avon Site, but easy to pick up on eBay for under a fiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment