About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Thursday 13 March 2014

Maybelline Lava Shimmer

This one is quite old but I picked it up fairly recently, within the last 2 years certainly!





This is easy to use, easy to apply and fairly quick drying for an old polish. It's iridescent. Red-like in some lights and orange in others. I like it. Lasted well.

Rating
Easy to use = 8/10
Application = 8/10 good brush
Drying time = 8/10
Lasted well = 8/10
Coats = 2
Finish = shiny and iridescent
Removal = easy
Overall = 8/10
Purchased from = either eBay or a poundshop, I can't remember!

My Personal Rating = 8/10 pretty!

10 comments:

  1. It looks like a red-orange-brown one. I like it. I have Sally Hansen's Lustre'n'Shine nail polish called "Lava" and I like it, I've used 20% of the bottle, that means much in my case, lol:D
    Maybelline was waiting for two years and came into daylight :) and is looking really good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. I do like the look of the Sally Hansen Lustre, but can't get them at a good price over here and they are so expensive to order in from the US :-( Wow 20% is a lot!

      Yeah it waited long enough and then got its time out :-)

      Delete
  2. You know, this Maybelline nail polish can be better than Sally because you need 4 coats to get the look from the bottle - I was disappointed with that, Sally Hansen's Lava wasn't much opaque.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot of coats! But I bet it looks good :-)

      Delete
    2. Too many coats, that's why I don't use it too often nowadays, but the result is pretty indeed.

      Delete
  3. I like how it's has that iridescent look about it.

    PS: Are you good with your nail art? If yes, can you please contact me (trishie@underlockandkeyblog.com) I have a little collaboration I mind that I would like to propose....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's cool.

      I'm not very good with nail art and don't really do it, sorry.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hehe you think so lol? I never really thought about it :-)

      Delete