About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Monday 7 October 2024

Seventeen - Crushed Foils Silver

 




I bought this polish over 10 years ago, I am not quite sure if the glitter pieces have faded slightly as I had expected it to look more silver. It has a friend that I posted in 2014, if you look at it here, you'll see what I mean the glitters are golden. 

It is easy to use, easy to apply and good drying (2-3 minutes a coat). The brush and formula are both good and it goes on well. I think it would look better if the glitters were more silvery rather than greyish. This is the problem with glittery polishes, they do deteriorate over time even if well looked after. It's okay I guess.

Rating
Easy to use = 8/10
Application = 8/10
Drying time = 7/10
Lasted well = n/a swatched
Coats = 2
Finish = matte foil shards
Removal = easy with foil method
Overall = 7/10

My Personal Rating = 6.5/10

24 comments:

  1. What a fun nail polish! It's a shame it is not as glittery as you hoped, but considering it's been ten years, I guess that is to be expected!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was more glittery! It has lasted well. Thanks Ivana :-D

      Delete
  2. Very nice -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es diferente. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool, but is it hard to get off later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easy if you soak it for a few minutes, then it is easy! Like all glittery polish!

      Delete
  5. So pretty, but I've never tried these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see what you mean about the original gold state, this may have been the same but silver which would have looked nicer than the bleeding glitter version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine it looked good back when it came out! Do you remember in those days Boots released a lot of good polishes! I don't even know if 17/Seventeen still exists?

      Delete
  7. It's too bad this isn't as silver as it used to be, but it still looks really fabulous! It's such a unique polish!

    ReplyDelete