About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Tuesday 20 December 2022

Essence - Polka Holga

So this is what I wore for Hallowe'en...yes, yes I know I am a bit late! Better late than never I say ;-)





This is easy to use, easy to apply and good drying (2 minutes a coat). The brush is wide and good and the the formula goes on nicely. It is an amazingly bold orange colour. I put a white and black crackle polish over it to make it even more Hallowe'en like! I do think, though, that the crackle somehow made it appear more red than orange! This lasted really well.

Rating
Easy to use = 8/10
Application = 8/10
Drying time = 8/10
Lasted well = 8/10
Coats = 2 
Finish = creamy
Removal = easy
Overall = 9/10
Purchased from = Wilko

My Personal Rating = 7.5/10

38 comments:

  1. .
    Independentemente da publicação que vi, li, aplaudo e elogio, passo para desejar um FELIZ NATAL, extensivo à sua família e amigos.
    .
    Cumprimentos natalícios
    .
    Pensamentos e Devaneios Poéticos
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that red color, it's fantastic.
    I take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, full of health, joy and love.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I didn't see crackle polish for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes remember when they were popular :-D

      Delete
  4. Amazing.
    It looks great.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Passando a deixar um beijinho e votos de um Feliz Natal, na companhia dos seus, com saúde, tranquilidade, aconchegos, afetos e paz... e que 2023 se mostre incomparavelmente melhor para todos nós... e para o mundo!
    Adorei o efeito! Um dos meus favoritos, por aqui!
    E fico a aguardar o efeito escolhido, para celebrar o Natal...
    Beijinhos! Tudo de bom, Ananka! Festas Felizes!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better late than never is a good saying, and this polish looks ideal for Halloween. Also the pumpkin head makes a good addition to the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that looks fabulous! :) Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lovely shade. So bold I thought it was red, but that just makes it more fun for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very bold. It does look red. Thanks :-D

      Delete
  9. That is such a fun orange shade and I really like the crackle polishes over it, such a fantastic look for Halloween :)

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and you have a happy new year!

    www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It very good for Hallowe'en. Thanks :-D

      Delete
  10. Eu amo esmalte vermelho. Gostei bastante.

    Vem conhecer meu blog.
    Abraço

    ReplyDelete
  11. On photos it looks more like red orange than orange orange...but either way, beautiful shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look very red :-D Thanks Ivana :-D

      Delete