About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Monday 21 July 2014

Seventeen Chalk Dots Nail Effects - Pink



This is easy to use, easy to apply and quick drying (less than a minute for each coat). It's a pretty speckled polish. I'd have to say that it doesn't really look pink in the bottle but does look more pink on the nails. I have one thing to say, I think it would be better with a top coat - I kept picking the little glittery bits DOH!!!! Lasted really well.

Rating
Easy to use = 8/10
Application = 8/10
Drying time = 9/10
Lasted well = 8/10
Coats = 3
Finish = speckled
Removal = okay, used the tin foil method and I let it soak for about 1.5 minutes
Overall = 8/10
Purchased from = Boots instore

My Personal Rating = 7/10 :-)

28 comments:

  1. I like this type of nail polish, I have some that is similar. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't like it at first and then I kept staring at your pictures and it's growing on me!! nice swatches =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe that can heppen! I know it's happened with me with other polishes! Glad you like them :-)

      Delete
  3. The polish really has a neat effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like it but it had to grow on me too because some of the black hexes seem very big. It looks interesting and the shade of pink is nice and subtle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wasn't sure about the big hexes, but I think they are okay :-)

      Delete
  5. LOL I pick glitters too - and my nails feel trapped in polishes like this.
    So yes, definitely a top coat - and it IS pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha cool, I'm not alone! Oh it was so hard not to! Yup that would help us not to pick them!!! :-)

      Delete
  6. I love glitters like this but don't wear them often because I hate removing them! I don't like having to scrub or use the foil method... I tried peel off base too but I always end up having all the polish on at least one nail pop off on me while I'm out... and then it looks really weird with one naked nail for the rest of the day lol :(

    I totally pick at glitters on my nail too when they stick up! I really hate that... or when you get a piece that's sticking off the tip a bit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling - some of them are a nightmare. I always use the foil method - it has changed the way I wear nail polish and they styles of polish too. I'd never wear this sort before I discovered it! I've never tried the peel off base coat!

      Yeah the bits that stick off the tip are so tempting to pick. I always try to sort them when the polish is still drying! :-)

      Delete
  7. I love jelly glitter nail polishes so much and this one is really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are cool! This one is so pretty :-)

      Delete
  8. It looks so interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look. You have a new follower, ^_^ meow.
    I hope in the future to host international giveaways. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll follow you too :-)

      Wow that sounds good :-)

      Delete
  10. Cute polish! It reminds me of sweet little dalmatians! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the effect this polish has, speckled polishes always look good. x

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's cool! The speckled effect is nice :-)

      Delete