About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Saturday 5 July 2014

W7 Blue Flakes

I decided to pop this on top of China Glaze's Queen B. Oh dear. :-|





Now this polish looks gorgeous in the bottle......but....... It's very hard to use, very hard to apply and really, really slow drying (I gave up timing after 10 minutes). It's really thick and awkward to apply the flakies evenly. It's also really hard to get the flakies onto the brush! I had to dip the brush in and out several times to get a good amount on the brush! It's a very clumsy polish. I ended up having to dab them on! I only photographed this so no idea if it lasted long. Nice idea but poor quality and hard to use :-( I've got a few other colours from this flakes range - I'm in no hurry to use them! Any advice on how to get a decent finish with this sort of polish?

Rating
Easy to use = 2/10
Application = 2/10
Drying time = 2/10
Lasted well = N/A swatched
Coats = 2 plus dabbed on
Finish = iridescent flakies
Removal = easy used tin foil method
Overall = 2/10
Purchased from = Watt Bros

My Personal Rating = 4/10 as I say it's quite a nice looking polish

22 comments:

  1. Oh my, you gave four points too? It must have been a really bad nail polish. It looks pretty though. I have some difficulties with some Orly toppers, but not as bad as these ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty bad quality. It is pretty that's the annoying part hehe! I've never tried the Orly toppers - just the polishes and they seem good quality :-)

      Delete
    2. I don't know this W7 brand.

      Delete
    3. It's fairly well known brand over here. Cheap as well hehe :-)

      Delete
  2. Atleast it looks nice :) maybe they'll improve it

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a pity it doesn't have a good formula - the flakies look very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a shame the formula sucks cos it's a really pretty polish, very icy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks nice! I'd try sponging the glitters on, perhaps that's easier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I might try that with the next one - thanks :-)

      Delete
  6. I love the result, it seems that you have crystals in your nails. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are lovely and ice recalling and this mani looks fab, great color combo choice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shame as it's so pretty in the bottle...

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least it looks super cool in the bottle...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Sorry I completely forgot to get back to this!

      Yeah it is :-)

      Delete