About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Colour Alike 550






This is easy to use, easy to apply and okay drying (4-5 minutes a coat, but still tacky after 10 minutes). It's a nice pinky colour with lots going on! It's iridescent and holographic. I really hadn't realised it was holographic until I was talking the photos. I sadly didn't manage to capture it in the sun though! It is slightly scented but it really isn't that strong compared to other CA polishes I've tried! Lasted well.

Rating
Easy to use = 8/10
Application = 8/10
Drying time = 6.5/10
Lasted well = 8/10
Coats = 2
Finish = iridescent and holo
Removal = easy enough
Overall = 7/10 (higher if better drying time!)
Purchased from = Colour Alike's international site

My Personal Rating = 7.5/10 :-)

36 comments:

  1. This looks lovely! Never heard of the brand but it looks very pretty in your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. It's a Polish brand, I highly recommend them :-D Thanks :-D

      Delete
  2. I remember I swatched this one :) It looks pretty on you! I remember I was complaining about too slow drying time too in this series, it seems it's dry but it's still sticky...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I remember it :-D Thanks Aneta :-D

      I will need to try the others and see how I get on with them :-)

      Delete
  3. looks amazing, I love this holo effect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! I know, it's really cool :-D thanks :-D

      Delete
  4. I like the iridescent shift a lot! I can imagine it would be gorgeous with some holo too! Too bad you weren't able to capture the holo... Subtle holos are hard to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really nice. I know I was kicking myself that I didn't get the holo so good. Sometimes they are and we need good sunshine! Something I lack in Scotland! :-)

      Delete
  5. I love all the things that are going on in this polish. Pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a very fun and exciting polish. Thanks :-D

      Delete
  6. It's interesting how some of the CA's are more or less scented, they do not mention anything about it on the website...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I don't get it. It must just be their standard smell perhaps? Weird, but I'm okay with that! :-)

      Delete
  7. Wow...it look amazing...thx for sharing honey...:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, glad you like it! It really is :-D

      Delete
  8. Oooh, I like this one very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is really beautiful! I love the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. очень эффектно смотрится:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a very interesting polish <3 I don't own anything like this and I have quite a collection :) Looks great on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks glad you like it :-D I do like this brand a lot and they have some really cool ones :-D

      Delete
  12. Thank you very much for correcting me dear. The colour of your nails is very girly, I love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time :-D It is really girlie. Glad you like it :-D

      Delete
  13. This is color is awesome<3 Love it<3


    fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks lovely, I really like the colour ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is Amy, one amazing colour. Thanks :-D

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. It really is. I do love the CA polishes :-D

      Delete