About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Thursday 16 July 2015

MUA Super Strength Base Coat



The above is of Deborah Lippmann - Dancing In The Sheets.

This is easy to use, easy to apply and quick drying (1 minute for a coat). It smells a little too. I had never used this base coat before, so I thought I would try it. The previous post Avon Hot, had chipped and then I tried it with the Lippmann. I was really shocked because it chipped within half an hour! I put a top coat on and it still chipped quite badly. That's my left had and right was worse than that!

I tried the Lippmann polish with the Butter London base coat and it didn't chip! My conclusion is that the Lippmann polish is good quality and the base coat is rubbish. I really don't recommend this at all. If you are looking for a cheap base coat, Collection do a good one.

Rating
Easy to use = 8/10
Application = 8/10
Drying time = 8/10
Lasted well = 0/10
Coats = 1
Finish = n/a base coat
Removal = easy
Overall = 3/10 - the first 3 were good points
Purchased from = Superdrug

My Personal Rating = 0/10 I don't want a base coat that isn't any good :-(

34 comments:

  1. Oh, it's a shame that this isn't any good! :(
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precise and detailed thanks!...happy Friday! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, glad you like reading it :-)

      Same to you all the best for the weekend :-D

      Delete
  3. Que pena...
    Me empolguei pensando ser boa.

    Bjim...
    Bom fim de semana.
    blog Usei Hoje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it wear really bad! I put it in the bin lol! :-)

      Delete
  4. I had one polish by MUA and it was good. But on the other hand various nail polishes by a brand can differ a lot and shame on this base coat it doesn't keep colourful nail polish in place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried a few of their polishes and they have been good quality! Oh I really didn't like this one :-(

      Delete
  5. It sure isn't a good base coat, I'm glad you found it was the culprit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah glad it wasn't the Lippmann lol ;-)

      Delete
  6. It's not good ;( kiss

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweetie so bad
    But thanks for be honest with this review
    This is a really bad product
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :-( Yeah it was really bad! Don't buy it ;-)

      Delete
  8. It should be marked with a label saying: "Chip guarantee"! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really should! What a crappy base coat! Glad it was only cheap as it was put straight into the bin! :-)

      Delete
  9. I never use a base coat, i should really x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always use one, but this one is rubbish! :-|

      Delete
  10. ah its unfortunate that it doesnt last very long, ive never really used mua nail polishes before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUA polishes are okay, just this base coat sucks :-(

      Delete
  11. Pretty base, love it<3


    fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Honest review at least. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yes indeed - this product sucks! :-(

      Delete
  13. It looks very nice and it is great that is good quality. Could you correct my last post, please? http://enarasthings.blogspot.com.es/2015/07/lucluc-bikini-and-bracelet.html
    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yeah at least the polish was good quality! I'll have a look :-D

      Delete
  14. that's so strange! i've never heard of a base coat being that terrible :/ good to hear it was cheap at least

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was really bad :-(

      That was at least something lol!

      Delete