About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Sunday 24 July 2011

Rimmel 500 Disco Ball

I recently bought this one from Superdrug in a 2 for £4.99 deal old post link. I do like glittery tops on my nails (sure I've mentioned that before!) and when this one caught my eye, I just had to have it. On initial inspection it reminded me of NYC's Starry Silver Glitter (which I think they've changed), but how wrong was I?

First is with flash and second is without (sorry it's so blurry still getting used to the macro setting on my camera).

So decided to try it on Barry M Racing Green from the previous post.

Inside with flash.
Quite sparkly as we can see.

Outside natural light.


When it was finally on, I noticed the difference. It's not got as much blue as the NYC polish! All pictures are with 1 coat. Rimmel lids are great to hold and make it easy to paint the nails and the brush applies well too. It gave a nice finish and dried quickly. It was also shiny & sparkly and didn't feel too grainy like some glittery ones do (even on one coat).

Good glitter polish. All in all I'd give it 8 out of 10.

Superdrug sell it normally for £2.99 and some of the Tesco stores, Boots and online too at various places. Easy to find at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment